Bhubble.com

New compost bins

Today was the first day of the compost bins, we had 2 bins on our street attacked by a bear withn 1 hour of them being put out.

Seriously, who is the dumb person who thought this was a great idea? Please don't use the compost bins, it's not worth a bears life!

Agreed, the contents are too tempting for hungry bears – collections should be postponed until after the bears have hibernated. These bins are certainly NOT bear-proof and not many people will pay $200 to get an upgraded bin, I'm sure.

knowwaste@rdkb.com.  email them and will come pick it up at your house.  I want nothing to do with this bin.  

Nobody said you had to use it...

As mentioned the composting program is voluntary  and is of course by no means a manditory service for people to use.  A well intenioned idea tht has obvious flaws in our community, those who feel it's not a good idea don't need to use it.  We seemed to do just fine without it.

I am arranging for ours to be picked up. I want nothing to do with it either and certainly don't want to contribute to more bears getting killed. It's just not worth it.

Hey Rossland Mountain Film Festival.... We do not use it, this was a post about others who had done so. 

We contatced them Steve and are taking it to their office in Trail later, thanks for the information

Contacted