Bhubble.com

Lost/Injured cat

Is this your cat?
It has been roaming our block on Leroi Ave between the highway and Ferraros for the last 2 weeks, howling and crying. My partner and I work from home and can hear it meowing all day and into the night. It is starting to wake us up at night, and we are concerned it is hurt or lost. It does not have a collar, and is quite small and timid. Can anyone identify it?

Photos: 

We've been listening to it howl day and night as well.  It sounds really distressed.  The only time I saw it not howling was when another little tabby cat was with it yesterday.  But then heard it howling again last night and this morning.  I really hope the owner can find it and bring it inside, as it is clearly not having a good time outside :(

I called the number below and left a detailed message (basically quoting your posts, that this little cat has been in distress for two weeks) . I requested that they check these bhubble posts in Rossland if they are able to help.

They are closed today (Sunday) but they will get my message tomorrow if anyone wants to phone them with more info.

http://bcspcapets.shelterbuddy.com/search/?s=lost&newsearch=yes

Phone: (250) 509-0297

Emergency phone: (250) 509-0297  (During operating hours) After hours: contact your local police or RCMP

Cruelty Report and Wildlife Support Line (Toll free): 1-855-622-7722

Address: 124 Heritage Way, Castlegar, BC V1N 4M5

Amy from Castlegar S.P.C.A. just called me back and said:

She viewed the above posts on Bhubble and said possibly the cat is a female in heat and if so, howling can happen "constantly" until not in heat.

If someone brings the cat to Castlegar S.P.C.A., they will do a search for owner for 4 days and then if appropriate, will spay the cat and put up for adoption.

They are closed tomorrow Monday for a staff meeting but will be checking phone messages all day.

(I told her that I had trouble posting something on  http://bcspcapets.shelterbuddy.com/search/?s=lost&newsearch=yes 

and she said there appears to be a temporay glitch on that site.)

Thank you, Janet for taking the time to look into all that and share that info.  Two weeks plus of heat seems a long time.  Kitty won't let us near her/him, but if this goes on much longer, we'll have to look at trying to catch it and take to the SPCA.  Being outside howling all day and all night makes me wonder if someone may have just abandoned it.

Yes, thank you so much Janet for calling the SPCA and all the info. I do hope the cat can find its way home if it has one. This weekend we didn't hear or see it as much, but will try to catch it in our carrier if we see it around this week to take it to the SPCA. 

Thanks to all involved.

I know whose cat this is. If anyone can contact me with a better location or if you have her it would be greatly appreciated. She's in heat not injured. Has a very loving home on kootenay ave. She snuck out while my friend was letting her puppies out and is very concerned about her. I can be contacted at 250-512-2459. Thank you.

I do hope someone can find this unspayed cat and bring it to the SPCA before it contributes to the over-population of unwanted kittens. Please spay and neuter your pets as Rossland doesn't need anymore backyard breeders.

Hi Soren, just left you a voice mail. Feel free to call me back so we can connect! So glad you know whose cat this is, we saw/heard her again outside our house all day, so she is around! 

UPDATE: Connected with the owner last night, and kitty is now safe and sound back in her home. Thanks everyone! 

Great news, thank you!!!