Bhubble.com

Hey Rossland, SLOW DOWN on Washington St!

What's the rush? Please drive the speed limit of 30 km on Washington St and Plewman Way. If you have to "gun" it to get up the hill either get better winter tires or pick an alternative route. A good route to the ski hill is via Columbia past the 7 Summits Gas Station To Highway 3. You are speeding through a school zone and if you do get caught it's a hefty fine. Thank you!

Photos: 

Amen.  I really enjoying doing the speed limit and watching the person behind me get annoyed cause they need to get somehwhere ten seconds sooner.   

This is awesome!!

Nicely done and thanks for the reminder

Well said, especially since you'd have a better chance of seeing sasquatch than cops. :)

Getting the thumbs up made my day!

I feel the same way stevefrench, i am usually the guy doing 20

And Thompson.  What is the rush?

The yellow "traffic calming" posts are a fail.  If only someone could invent some sort of a red octagon on a post.

But that's my daily/hourly entertainment from the barbershop windows watching folks fail going up and having to turn around mid skid on a powder day...

It's too bad the city can't figure out that making streets narrower dose not make them safer.

You think they were sitting around drinking coffee having a chat and decided to make the streets narrow. or do you think they consulted an engineer whos really smart and has designed roads before   Slow down.  It's way less stressful for everyone

Thanks for all the support folks! I knew I was not the only one who felt this way but it feels great to have validation. I have been in touch with City staff who tell me they are investigating "speeding hot spots" and are looking into traffic calming options. Speeding is just one of the issues. When the roads are slick some vehicles just can't make it up the hill. They create a traffic jam and then go into the opposite lane and drive down the street backwards while a lot of kids are on the sidewalk walking to school. Super scary!  I should start taking photos of the chaos. It happens every powder day. 

Also a reminder to slow down at the top corner before the centennial parking lot. There are always people crossing at the crosswalk, myself included. People rarely drive the proper speed coming around the corner and they slam their brakes at the cross walk. A friendly reminder that it's a 30 zone. If you have a need for speed, take the highway to get out of town. :)